Tuesday, September 06, 2011

39 weeks and post #100!

Check this out! I'm officially 39 weeks pregnant today AND this is my 100th post.
So on that note, here's what's new:

I went to the doctor today. She says my vitals look good, I haven't gained any weight in the past week, and she's surprised she didn't see me this weekend but I have made progress.
I'm 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. I guess the contractions that almost sent me to the hospital Sunday night did some good. (Oh, I didn't tell you? I had contractions that were about 4 1/2 minutes apart lasting 30 seconds or so for about 2 hours on Sunday night. Since they weren't painful, I figured they must not have been the real thing. Darn.)
Every week, the doctor asks me if I've been feeling the baby move quite a bit still. Normally, she's all over the place doing rolls and jabs and pokes and whatnot. This morning, however, I didn't feel her at all before my appointment. I didn't really think anything of it because I'm usually not awake that early so I figured she was probably just sleeping in like we usually do. I let the doctor know I hadn't felt her yet today, but she's moved quite a bit before today. She ended up hooking me up to monitors just to be safe. I had one monitor on my belly that measured any contractions I was having, one that listened to her heartbeat, and one in my hand with a button I pushed every time I felt her move. She left me there for about 20 minutes while the machine printed out a record of her heartbeat and my contractions (speaking of which, I was having small contractions the whole time and didn't even know it!). Turns out, Mia was fine. Like I had assumed, she was just napping or being lazy this morning.

Since I only have a week left until my due date, my doctor and I have discussed induction (just in case she decides to be late). I told her I really don't want to be induced because I've heard and read so many horror stories about the process (not to mention, if it doesn't work there's a strong chance I'll have to have a C-section...which is definitely one of the last things I want). We decided that going a week over my due date wouldn't be the end of the world (assuming, of course, that Mia is still doing well at that point). She scheduled a 5:00AM induction for September 21st (which puts me at 41 weeks and 1 day).
Of course, she is completely convinced that I will have Mia on my own way before then. She was even so bold as to say she thinks I'll have her before my next appointment, which is on my due date (a week from today, for those who aren't keeping track).

I'm still trying to get my head around the concept that this pregnancy is almost over. It feels like it's never ending. The idea of having a baby in my arms within (a maximum of) 2 weeks is such a crazy concept. Obviously, it's what I've been waiting for the last 9 (10) months....maybe the incredibly long wait is what makes it surreal still. Who knows.

Anyway. Now that I've gotten you all up to date, here are some pictures I took today. I'm not sure if I'm getting any bigger or not any more. I would have to assume so, considering how much I eat every day :P What do you think?

 Here's mommy, big and puffy :P
 Notice she's sitting significantly lower than the past?

Oh, and here's a side view. Yep. Quite large indeed. 
Perhaps these will be some of the last pictures of me while I'm pregnant. 
Cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Lace said...

And they were! WOO HOO. Congrats!