Friday, December 30, 2011

A Quick (okay, really long) Game of Catch Up

Hey there, followers!
I haven't blogged in a very long time, compared to the weekly updates I was doing throughout my pregnancy.
These last few months have flown by. Let me try to catch you up.
September flew by and I enjoyed every second of it with Mia (and Sean, of course).
Then, in October, Terra came out for a visit.
After she went back home, Mia and I spent the month trying to get into a normal routine. It was tough trying to get her naps timed right with Sean's work schedule. Long story short, we have it worked out that she and I wake up around 5 or 6 (7 on a lucky day) in the morning and migrate to the living room couch. She eats, and we snuggle on the couch and go back to sleep for a few hours. We get up and get going when Sean wakes up. Eat again then nap after he leaves for work. During this nap, I get as much done around the house as I can. Then she wakes up, eats again, and we play until she starts getting cranky. At this point, she eats right before I cook dinner, she naps while I make dinner, then she wakes up in time to see Dad on his lunch break. Then it's more playing until bath time. After bath we wind down with the lights turned low and just chill out together until she decides to go to sleep. Sometimes I'll throw in a movie for my own entertainment but I'm trying to get out of the habit of always having the TV on (more on that later in the post). She still wakes up a few times at night to eat (especially when Dad gets home from work...the great thing is, she always wakes up happy to see him), but she's good about staying asleep while I'm sleeping, so it works for me. Then we start the cycle over!
Hm. Maybe that wasn't the shortest story. Anyway, where were we? Oh yeah, October.
First Bath!

 Sean and Mia napping at Grandma Cindy's house.
 Mia just chilling with Mommy.
 She sleeps in funny positions sometimes :P
I caught a half smile while she was slightly falling over.
Halloween!
Then November came and went. I don't even really remember what all happened so here are a few pictures to sum it up.
1st of November

One of her first smiles captured on camera

Sean making a lovely face (ha) and Mia in an outfit her Great-Grandmom Jacki made for her. (How special!?)

"I know I'm cute, but look at what's happening over there, Mom!"

This picture cracks me up. I left her for a minute while I went to the bathroom and when I came back she had scooted all the way down, her dress rode up, and she kicked her blanket down to reveal her bright socks. Love It!!

Lazy Sunday morning with Mom

Toward the end of November. She sure has grown!

Playing with her elephant.

"Mom-Chair"
Now it's the end of December. Mia is coming up on 4 months old (holy crap!). She's trying so hard to sit up on her own these days (but she's not quite there yet). She is very wiggly (especially during diaper changes). She is growing like a weed (I'm pretty sure all babies do that, though). She has become a very chatty little girl. I can hold a conversation with her better than some of the people my own age (it helps that she always seems to agree with what I'm saying with a cute little "cooo"). She is a very smiley baby. She is always grinning or laughing at something or someone.
Here is a recent picture of her:
Her first Christmas went well. We slept in as a family until about 11 or so. We opened presents; Mia got lots of clothes and toys as well as a little spending money (that she won't get to spend for quite a while...Don't worry, I'm hanging on to it for her :P). Sean got a few new video games (really, he bought them for himself during the black Friday sales but we decided they count as Christmas presents). I got a super cute scarf, gloves, and some great lipstick from my sister and some spending money. Honestly, aside from the gifts, it felt like any other day. We didn't have a big dinner (we actually just ate lunch at Sonic on our way to Sean's parents house). We didn't get together with the family (because my side lives too far away now :( and his side was mostly sick). We did hang out with his Dad and step-mom but it was like every other Sunday visit.
BUT, Mia and I did get to see Santa earlier in the week, and I think that makes up for not having a huge Christmas bash this year.
The poor kid looks so tired in this picture. She missed her afternoon nap that day.


I have a lot more to add, but I'll have to do it later because someone is up from her nap and she does not like it that I'm paying attention to the computer instead of her.
So long for now!

No comments: