Wednesday, June 15, 2011

27 Weeks!

Another week another post...
But this week I can say I'm in my third trimester! (Okay. Some people will argue that your 3rd trimester doesn't start until 28 weeks, but I've been a member of WhatToExpect.com since the very beginning and they say it's 27 weeks so I'm going with that!)
My due date is exactly 3 months away...can you believe it?! I can't. Time seems to be going by so fast all of a sudden. I have so much left to do and it feels like no time left to do it!
At the top of that very lengthy list is buy a crib. Don't worry, I've been saving my pennies and I only need 50 more dollars until I can go out and buy the beautiful crib I've had my eye on for weeks. :)

So I have a story for you today. (And you thought this was just going to be an average weekly post..)
I went to my doctor to do my check up and glucose tolerance test. The check up went really well. I've gained a good amount of weight, my blood pressure is right on, Mia is growing at the right rate, etc.
Then I took the paper my nurse gave me down to the lab for my glucose tolerance test. First, they took my blood thinking I already drank the drink. It wasn't until after they drew my blood that they remembered to give me the drink first. So then they got their heads on straight, or so I thought. They gave me a big bottle of this nasty orange syrup that tasted like a bunch of melted orange popsicles and told me to chug it within the next 5 minutes then they would call me back and draw my blood in 2 hours. I didn't think much of it until after I drank the drink, but I was pretty sure my doctor told me it would only take an hour. I decided to drink the drink then go to the receptionist and ask about it. This was the wrong order to do things.
Apparently, my nurse messed up and checked the wrong box on the lab form, therefore they gave me twice as much to drink, and I had to wait twice as long or else the text would come back messed up.
I was pretty peeved knowing I would have only had to drink about half of the nasty syrup, but on the plus side I finished reading my book.

Anyway, I'll find out within the next few days if I have gestational diabetes. If I don't hear from them before my next check up in 2 weeks, I'm in the clear. Yay!

So...that's my story. Here are some pictures!
She likes to kick when I touch my belly, which I think is pretty cool.
 But she ususally kicks down here, rather than up there. (Although she did punch me in the ribs once. That didn't feel very good).
 I tried getting a good picture for my profile on Facebook, and Ashes decided to jump up on the sink and get in the way.
 ....So I picked her up and made her pose with me.
The end!!

P.S. If you noticed I'm using a different phone, good eye! My phone battery was dead so I used Sean's. It's the same model phone...his just has a case on it. Also, thanks to my awesome mom and sister for the cute maternity shirt! I love it and wear it all the time. :)

1 comment:

Lace said...

oh the gtt!(glucose tolerance test) I had to do that when they found my diabetes so I know how bad it tastes. Plus, I had to fast so all that sugar on an empty stomach made me want to barf.

This pregnancy thing is flying by! Oh man. Enjoy the ride:)