Tuesday, August 09, 2011

35 Weeks.

So 35 weeks down, 5 to go....that is assuming little Mia decides to come on her due date.
I have a feeling that she might decide to come a bit earlier than that, though. My mom's mom delivered her 2 babies early (according to my mom, at least) and my mom delivered my sister and I about 2 weeks early as well.
I'm not sure if it's actually hereditary or if it's just coincidence, but if she decides to join us a week or 2 early I won't complain. (Watch, I'm announcing to everyone that I swear she's going to come early and she'll probably end up coming a week late. lol! BUT I was right about my gut feeling that she was a girl before I had the ultrasound to prove it, so you never know!)

Anyway, I forgot to mention last week that I had my baby shower. It was...an interesting day. That's probably the best way to put it. I'll be honest, even though it was totally generous of my friend to let me share her baby shower, I wasn't completely looking forward to it. I just kept thinking "what's going to be fun about a party where I'm not going to know more than 3 or 4 people there?" Well....I was kind of right. I didn't know more than 4 people (I knew Jen, the other girl who's pregnant, her sister in law Sarah, their friend AJ (I met her once before and she's really nice), and my mother-in-law Cindy. Sean's aunt and cousin didn't show up. They didn't bother returning my phone calls or emails asking if they wanted to come. Whatever....I don't talk to them much anyway.
But everyone at the party was really nice. A few of Jen's guests even got me little gifts (which I was TOTALLY not expecting!!). Sarah gave me a TON of her daughter's old clothes, and a super cute nursing pillow (which I already use for naps and watching movies...it's SO comfy. I got a few super nice blankets and other little things.
I didn't think to take too many pictures during the shower, but I did take a few. I'll post them below.
OH yeah. The shower was held in an non-air conditioned hallway at the Oklahoma City Capitol building. It was like 106 degrees that day, so you can imagine how nasty and sweaty everyone got by the time we finished opening presents. I felt bad but everyone left early because it was so hot lol. That's okay...there wasn't much time to eat so I got lots of leftovers :P

Anyway. This week I realized I've started nesting quite a bit. I keep feeling weird urges to go through all of the baby supplies in the closet and re-pack the diaper bag; I've been doing the same thing with her clothes...no matter how I organize them, I keep wanting to go through them all and refold them. lol!

So...yeah. That's my little update for now. Here are the pictures!


This is the snack table. Punch, apples and caramel, cookies, and cake. Yum!
 Here's a close-up of the cake. As you probably know, I'm doing everything Winnie the Pooh. Jen is doing everything Little Mermaid. Cute, right?
 Here's the gift table. I was so so so surprised that a few were actually for me. lol
 Haha I was so proud that I made bottle-shaped sugar cookies. They were so yummy.
 This is how many people actually showed up on time. (haha) A few more came late. It was a rather small party..
 And here's a picture of everything I got spoiled with at the shower. I'm so excited to be able to wrap my baby in the super soft blankets. :)
 Oh yeah. Here's my latest picture. 35 weeks! 
People keep telling me that I'm carrying her low....and yet my poor ribs are always taking a beating. What does it look like to you? Honestly, I think I'm carrying her all over. I don't have a very long torso so I think the poor little thing is starting to really run out of room! 
I do know one thing for sure...she likes to hang out on the left side more than the right. (I'm all lopsided when I look down! :P)

Well, that's that. See you next week!!

2 comments:

Lace said...

First of all, what is a 'nursing pillow?' If it's that comfy I want one!

Second, I do not think you are carrying low.

Erica said...

There are a bunch of types of nursing pillows...mine is the U shaped one that you're supposed to wrap around your belly so the baby/your arm can rest on it while you breast feed...but since I don't have a baby to nurse yet, I'm using it as a regular pillow. It fits around my neck so perfectly lol. Every time I lay down with it I fall asleep. It's wonderful.

Also, thanks! I don't think I have been either...but I have a feeling she's starting to move down a bit because I've felt a lot more pressure on my bladder lately :P